Colourful garments are not only special because they are our favourites, saying everything about us by reflecting our mood and our personality. Colourful garments are special because they need special treatment. They can fade and lose colour quicker than light and dark clothes.
Washing with care will help you keep these colourful favourites for longer. So here is our guide for washing coloured clothes.
1. Read the labels on your coloured clothing. They will tell you whether the item should be washed in a washing machine or by hand, or whether it should go to a dry cleaner.
2. For coloured clothes that can be washed at home, you first need to sort them according to colour. Bright clothes such as purples, reds, oranges, and bright yellows can be washed together. Bright blues and greens can also be washed together. If you have one item that doesn’t match anything else, consider washing it by hand.
3. Examine your coloured clothing for stains and treat them with a small amount of Ariel Automatic Power Gel Original . It is tough on stains yet gentle on your colours.
4. Turn your new coloured clothes inside out to wash. Don’t over stuff the machine and wash the items on as gentle a cycle as is necessary to clean your clothes. A gentle or medium wash cycle should be perfect.
5. Wash your new coloured clothes in cold water with an Ariel detergent suitable for bright coloured clothes. Ariel Automatic Power Gel Original helps keep your colours bright while removing many tough stains and impurities with just one wash, even at 30 degrees.
6. As soon as your coloured clothing is done washing, remove it from the machine. Allowing coloured clothes to sit in a washing machine may cause the colours to leech onto other items.
7. Hang your coloured clothes to dry. Avoid using the dryer if possible, as the dryer will cause your clothing to fade faster and set any stains that you may have missed.
New Ariel Power Gel
Have you encountered the problem that it’s hard to remove rust stains, sweat stains, bleach stains, and other stains like oil and dye?
How to wash you and your family’s favourite things the right way
Most people are guilty of playing favourites with their garments, so when it comes to keeping them clean, there’s a lot at stake.
New Ariel Powder
Getting stains on your clothes and seeing your favourite white garment lose its lustre are inevitable parts of our lives. That doesn’t mean you should put up with them.